Re: Where have all my pictures gone?

Ulf-D. Ehlert skreiv:
> Kolbjørn Stuestøl (Dienstag, 2. Juni 2009, 22:56):
>
>> Ulf-D. Ehlert skreiv:
>> Don't understand
>> On my computer I did these changes:
>>
>> - added "nn" in configure.ac, Makefile.am, and Makefile.GNU
>> - added copy of po/no and named it po/nn
>> - added copy of images/no and named it images/nn
>> - added copy of "quickreference/po/no.po" ->
>> "quickreference/po/nn.po"
>>
>> As there will be no "no" files left when you rename them, I do not
>> understand why it should not work renaming instead of naming copies.
>>

> I used the the 'git mv' to move (rename) some files and directories, but
> I had to do it several times due to some problems with git. And then I
> had to delete and commit non-existing (moved) files to make git happy.
> So I'm not sure what you will get with a 'git pull'...

Understand.
I tried "git pull" and got
"error: Entry 'Makefile.GNU' not uptodate. Cannot merge". (also for
Makefile.am and configure.ac)
Deleted the files in my copy and all seamed to be OK for a while, but
then it stopped again.
"error: Untracked working tree file
'images/nn/dialogs/brushes-buttons.png' would be overwritten by merge".
Folders image/nn/dialogs and images/nn/filters downloaded normally.
Folder po/no deleted, no new po/nn folder.
Folder quickreference/po/no.po deleted. No nn.po

Did not try anymore. Created a new folder and used git clone. "git pull"
returned "Already up-to-date." Now I'm going to make a copy of the
catalog and try out all the commands again. It's late so it have to wait
until tomorrow.

> And, of course, I might have forgotten something or introduced a new,
> interesting bug. :-|
>

>> BTW: It looks like Windows are restricted on .lnk files because of
>> the intruder problem. I'm working on it, but no solution so far.
>>

> If you don't find a solution, we can change the Makefile(s) and copy
> rather than link files on Windows/Cygwin.

I thought it was a Windows problem independent of Cygwin. What happens
when running the Linux build html files in Windows? Have mailed the
problem to another forum hoping some Windows people knows. No answer yet.
Kolbjørn