Re: Omitted languages

On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 05:26:26PM +0100, Kolbjørn Stuestøl wrote:
> Ulf-D. Ehlert skreiv:
> > Kolbjørn Stuestøl (Donnerstag, 1. Januar 2009, 14:20):
> >
> >> (I am using Cygwin and I have at the moment found no way to make html
> >> from my po files.
> >>

> > Oops?! Problems? I can't believe that. ;-)
> >
> Some files I can import into Cygwin myswlf, others depends on the
> peoples behind Cygwin. At the moment I as an example have found no way
> of running gettext from/on Cygwin. Have not tried Gettext for Windows.
> BTW I'm not sure it is the same Gettext. Sooner or later I have to
> migrate to Linux but I have lots of other interests too. As for all
> others involved in GIMP, this is a hobby done at spare time.
> >
> >> Seems that I have to wait [...]
> >>

> > Hmm, that's the wrong attitude...
> >
> Yes, I agree. The problem isas mentioned above, that I am not able to
> add modules, scripts , or whatever to Cygwin myself. All depends on the
> Cygwin people.
So -please- consider another way...

Why you do not install Ubuntu on Windows with Wubi?

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/downloadmirrors#wubi

it is the easyest way to use Linux on Windows and Linux Ubuntu has all the
necessary packages, ready to install, for the GIMP build system (and it is
the safer way to experiment with Linux without the burden and dangers of
repartitioning...)

just my 2 eurocents...

--

Marco Ciampa