Re: Updating POT's

Hi,

julien (Sonntag, 28. Dezember 2008, 17:57):
[...]
> Why Make and Makefile.GNU?
[...]

The default build system uses autoconf and automake. You have to
run "autogen.sh" once and then later configure (this is also done
automatically by autogen.sh), e.g. to set ALL_LINGUAS.

The (default) Makefile is generated by "configure". This is the same as
before, except that the Makefile targets and/or commands had to be
changed, of course.

"Makefile.GNU" is meant to be used without any autogen or configure
scripts (maybe a very simple configure script later). I still think we
don't need the autotools (autoconf, automake, configure.ac,
Makefile.am, autogen.sh) and just started to try it...

For now, both Makfile and Makefile.GNU should behave the same.
Ok, sometimes I use Makefile.GNU for testing - e.g. try
	make -f Makefile.GNU status-fr

> Do I must do a ./autogen.sh or a ./configure before using it?

Yes, run ./autogen.sh [--without-gimp] [LINGUAS="en fr"] to initialize
the default build system.
Note that you have to re-run autogen.sh if you install new software
like "dblatex" or "docbook2odf" -- using Makefile.GNU this shouldn't be
necessary.

> Please give an example: the menus/edit-cut.xml is updated. I want to
> create (update?) the POT file and the po/fr/edit-cut.po file.
> How can I do that with "make"?

make po/fr/edit-cut.po (or make po-fr).

Bye,
Ulf