Re: GIMP manual writing in 2009

Hi,

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 07:57 +0200, Axel Wernicke wrote:

> Thanks for pointing that out. I should have known this.
> I assume it would be possible to adapt the help plug-in to a wiki
> based scenario. May be users with a stable online connection could
> even be routed to the online version of the wiki prior to the offline
> files and avoid the "hassle" of downloading the whole gimp-help
> package.

That is entirely unrelated to a move to a wiki. In fact I am currently
preparing the help plug-ins in GIMP for online use of the user manual.
Most of the code is already in trunk. Some final changes are missing,
but when they are done, the user will be able to choose between using a
locally installed copy of the user manual or accessing the online
version directly.

Sven