Re: GIMP manual writing in 2009

Axel,
    your proposal is indeed original and tackles the problems from a
whole different point of view.
By looking at the Blender documentation example I acknowledge that there
are indeed a lot of advantages in the "wiki way" especially as far as
authoring and proofreading is concerned.

As Julien  pointed out I haven't properly got how a translator can
actually translate a topic but from a user perspective I guess it would
end up having something like Wikipedia where in the side bar you have
"Other languages: English Deutsch ...". May be you coud add a sample
page in your proof of concept wiki where you show how it looks when you
make a topic available in more than one language?

Another big issue to think about is how to ship the manual in a packaged
form to let users install an offline copy of it alongside the GIMP
application. Is it possible? How do you think to solve this?

Other issues:
What about the context sensitive help invocation mechanism?
What's the impact on GIMP code?

Greets.

--
Alessandro Falappa