Re: GIMP manual writing in 2009

Hi,

2008/6/10 julien <jm.hard@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,
I can't see how you translate in the MediaWiki scenario.

in the mediawiki szenario there is no tight master / slave connection between languages, so it is rather authoring in different languages than "stupid" translation from one master language to your own language. Articles for one topic in different languages are connected to each other. This way you can put the articles of different languages side by side for comparison. The connection is done via url, so

24_gimp-rectangle-select would forward to the english description of the "Rectangle Select Tool" and
24_gimp-rectangle-select/de would forward to the german description of that very same tool in the  "Rechteckige Auswahl" article. Guess  what happens for
24_gimp-rectangle-select/it
24_gimp-rectangle-select/fr
24_gimp-rectangle-select/no
24_gimp-rectangle-select/ru
24_gimp-rectangle-select/ko

Greetings, lexA

Julien

> I propose to wholeheartly and open minded discuss alternatives. Please
> have a look into
> http://lexaikon.dnsalias.org/~medius/mediawiki/index.php/Meta/Why_GIMP-Manual_as_wiki#Pro.27s_.26_Con.27s
> <http://lexaikon.dnsalias.org/%7Emedius/mediawiki/index.php/Meta/Why_GIMP-Manual_as_wiki#Pro.27s_.26_Con.27s>
> and let me know what you think about it.

life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you wanna get.