Re: Print resolution for screenshots in the manual

2008/1/2, Marco Ciampa <ciampix@xxxxxxxxx>:

> How to automatically fix the print resolution? (this one until now without
> answer as I see...) and how do you check the fact that an image is in a
> wrong
> resolution?

Well, up to now I open all the images in GIMP (sic!) and with that
keybinding of Ctrl+P set to the Print Resolution command I change the
resolution. This is followed by a quick Ctrl+S, Ctrl+W and repeats til
all images are changed.

To recognize the wrong print resolution I created a smart folder with
the rules "be an image", "be wider than 50px" and "have a print
resolution less than 143" -> This can be done with OS X easily :)

> Since I, in the past, was used to create the pdf version of the manual too,
> and this action seems to be a good habit, useful to find errors in the
> manual, I'll promise to do it more often than I used to do lately (i.e.
> never :-)

:)

> This manual is great and I take opportunity of this email to thanks you all
> for this precious effort especially from whom, like you, cares about the
> english version that, as a de facto lingua franca, help we all foreign
> translators to translate this manual into our native language.
>
> This project is an important and key piece (as comes out from time to
> time from the gimp user mailing list) to help people know and appreciate
> this beautiful and important piece of Free Software that is GIMP.
>
> Thank you!
>
> BTW: my first attempt gives:
>
> XSLT stylesheets DocBook -  LaTeX 2e (0.2.5)
> Processing Revision History
> *** Error: : invalid calspair
> *** Error: : invalid calspair
> *** Error: : invalid calspair
> *** Error: : invalid calspair
> *** Error: : invalid calspair

You can ignore this but should upgrade your db2latex package.

> I saw this:
>
> http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/lists/gimp-docs/2007-March/000705.html
>
> posted by me! :-)
>
> but shoudn't them better be fixed anyway?
> any hint on how to to it? I would like to be more productive than always
> reporting errors without being able to fix those by myself...
>
> and then:
>
> Image '../images/menus/colors-desaturate.png' not found
> Image '../images/filters/filters-colormap-samplecolorize.png' not found
> Image '../images/filters/examples/original_image.jpg' not found
> Image '../images/filters/examples/image_with_filter_applied.jpg' not found
> Image '../images/filters/options-filter-name.png' not found
> Image '../images/filters/examples/original_image.jpg' not found
> Image '../images/filters/examples/image_with_filter_applied.jpg' not found
> Image '../images/filters/options-distort-engrave.png' not found
> Image '../images/filters/examples/original_image.jpg' not found
> Image '../images/filters/examples/image_with_filter_applied.jpg' not found
> Image '../images/filters/options-distort-lens-distortion.png' not found
> Image '../images/filters/examples/original_image.jpg' not found
> Image '../images/filters/examples/image_with_filter_applied.jpg' not found
> Image '../images/filters/options-artistic-predator.png' not found
> Missing character &#x2c8;
> Missing character &#x259;
>
> It could be much more useful if these errors where reported with line
> numbers...any hint on how to enable a more verbose output?

you don't want to see the line number of the tex file - would you?
It usually ist pretty easy to find the missing images in the xml files anyways.

Greetings, lexA

> bye
>
> --
>
> Marco Ciampa

life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you wanna get.