Re: Print resolution for screenshots in the manual

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 07:18:13AM +0100, Axel Wernicke wrote:
> Hit all,
>
> since I'm one of a few who build the pdf version of the manual more
> often, I always have a look at the availability and print size of the
> images for the GIMP manual. As you all should know we need to have all
> images with a width larger than 50px set to a print resolution of
> 144dpi for the pdf creation (sell also http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/TipsForContributing
>   for that).
>
> Unfortunately just recently the count of images that not apply to this
> rule just exploded. Right now more than 300 images are affected by
> this. The majority of them is from a very recent checkin for the lt
> language.
> It would be nice, if the author of lt could fix this please.
> May be we can create some GIMP procedure to help here?
>
> Greetings and Happy New Year to everyone,
I was just about to ask you the very same things!

How to automatically fix the print resolution? (this one until now without
answer as I see...) and how do you check the fact that an image is in a wrong
resolution?

Since I, in the past, was used to create the pdf version of the manual too,
and this action seems to be a good habit, useful to find errors in the
manual, I'll promise to do it more often than I used to do lately (i.e. never :-)

This manual is great and I take opportunity of this email to thanks you all
for this precious effort especially from whom, like you, cares about the
english version that, as a de facto lingua franca, help we all foreign
translators to translate this manual into our native language.

This project is an important and key piece (as comes out from time to
time from the gimp user mailing list) to help people know and appreciate
this beautiful and important piece of Free Software that is GIMP.

Thank you!

BTW: my first attempt gives:

XSLT stylesheets DocBook -  LaTeX 2e (0.2.5)
Processing Revision History
*** Error: : invalid calspair
*** Error: : invalid calspair
*** Error: : invalid calspair
*** Error: : invalid calspair
*** Error: : invalid calspair

I saw this:

http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/lists/gimp-docs/2007-March/000705.html

posted by me! :-)

but shoudn't them better be fixed anyway?
any hint on how to to it? I would like to be more productive than always
reporting errors without being able to fix those by myself...

and then:

Image '../images/menus/colors-desaturate.png' not found
Image '../images/filters/filters-colormap-samplecolorize.png' not found
Image '../images/filters/examples/original_image.jpg' not found
Image '../images/filters/examples/image_with_filter_applied.jpg' not found
Image '../images/filters/options-filter-name.png' not found
Image '../images/filters/examples/original_image.jpg' not found
Image '../images/filters/examples/image_with_filter_applied.jpg' not found
Image '../images/filters/options-distort-engrave.png' not found
Image '../images/filters/examples/original_image.jpg' not found
Image '../images/filters/examples/image_with_filter_applied.jpg' not found
Image '../images/filters/options-distort-lens-distortion.png' not found
Image '../images/filters/examples/original_image.jpg' not found
Image '../images/filters/examples/image_with_filter_applied.jpg' not found
Image '../images/filters/options-artistic-predator.png' not found
Missing character ˈ
Missing character ə

It could be much more useful if these errors where reported with line
numbers...any hint on how to enable a more verbose output?

bye

--

Marco Ciampa