Re: GIMP 2.4 help IDs

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 08:54:13AM +0200, Axel Wernicke wrote:
>     If you are compiling 2.4 from source, there's a little utility being
>     built in the plug-ins/help directory. gimp-help-lookup translates from
>     help ID to an URI in the user manual. Perhaps this could be useful for
>     you?
>

> I think we need some utility that
> 1) gets us a list of all help IDs used in GIMP (based on the GIMP sourcecode)
> 2) uses this list to create a list for each language of the manual which
> contains the missing / not matching help IDs for that language (based on the
> manual sourcecode)
>
> @all: do we right now have any tools for 1) and/or 2) ?
yes - we do :)

> @Roman: what about your script? I tried it, but could not make any help of it
> so far.
Oh - I need to know this. I thought you're using it already ...

Probably you haven't created the gimp-help.xml files for every language
which are build during the HTML creation process. I fixed the error
message which should be more verbose now.

The script 'show_translation_progress.py' parses the help ids found in
the gimphelp-ids.h and compares with the ids found the gimp-help.xml
fore each translation. It can also print lists for missing / not maching
ids.

>     Would it help if we built a tool that tests for the availability of all
>     help IDs? I am not sure if this is feasible but perhaps we could add
>     such a feature to gimp-help-lookup.
>
> yes, this would be part of a solution for 2)
The tool is already there. I resurrected it and it needs some polishing
and maybe some more features. That's all.

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de