Re: GIMP 2.4 help IDs

Hi,

2007/10/9, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx>:
Moin,

I just wondered if you are also taking care about new help IDs
introduced by 2.4. We might even have changed one or two IDs even though
we tried to avoid that. Is there anything the developers can do to make
sure that all IDs are contained in the user manual?

Here is still some work to do...

If you are compiling 2.4 from source, there's a little utility being
built in the plug-ins/help directory. gimp-help-lookup translates from
help ID to an URI in the user manual. Perhaps this could be useful for
you?

I think we need some utility that
1) gets us a list of all help IDs used in GIMP (based on the GIMP sourcecode)
2) uses this list to create a list for each language of the manual which contains the missing / not matching help IDs for that language (based on the manual sourcecode)

@all: do we right now have any tools for 1) and/or 2) ?
@Roman: what about your script? I tried it, but could not make any help of it so far.

Would it help if we built a tool that tests for the availability of all
help IDs? I am not sure if this is feasible but perhaps we could add
such a feature to gimp-help-lookup.

yes, this would be part of a solution for 2)

Greetings, lexA

btw. am I the only one who gets with RC3 the english online help for a non english GIMP?

Sven

life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you wanna get.