Re: Sequence of translation

Hi,
Am 08.10.2007 um 21:00 schrieb Žygimantas Beručka:
> Actually I've already finished src/toolbox. Unfortunately as a novice> I've followed the advice on GIMP Docs Wiki to start from tools. And  > now> I see that it wasn't the wisest decision: the "should not change a  > lot"> wasn't the case at this time, the tools ARE changing quite a lot  > now. :)
Sorry for this - I didn't know that you were working on the tools.
> Therefore, I'll have to wait for updates to be finished in order to> update my translations for them. An no, I won't submit them until I'm> done with them, in order to avoid screwing the things up.
The opposite is true, if you don't hurry and send a patch for the  tools you can still create a patch for against the current svn  version, most of your work will not be able to be merged to the  source at all. So again, I'd advise to create and send patches ASAP!
>> This is the reason why I'm asking for direction and advice where to> start now, in order to avoid such updates and duplicated work. :)
Best is to do translation in small chunks and get them committed  piece by piece.
> Probably it is impossible to avoid it completely, I prefer the> inevitable minimum instead of falling right into "a high traffic  > area",> though. For example, will src/concepts or src/using change a lot?  > Or it> would be wiser to choose, e.g. src/filters?
Due to the 2.4 release there is more traffic in all areas than usual.  May be not a good timing to start a translation, anyways you are very  welcome to join! I only can encourage you to send patches (to me or  romanofski e.g.)
Greetings, lexA
>> You get the picture. Any piece of advice is highly encouraged. :)>> Žygis>> Pr, 2007 10 08 20:23 +0200, Axel Wernicke rašė:>> Hi,>>>> due to the GIMP 2.4 release I do right now review _every_ file  >> below />> src/toolbox. I startet with the selection tools and right now I'm>> working on paint tools. I'd strongly suggest that you do _not_>> translate _all_ tools before sending and applying the patches. If you>> just start to translate the tools I'd suggest you start with the>> selection tools by now and watch the progress in the tools section>> closely.>>>> Greetings, lexA>
---Remember: There are only two tools in life. WD-40, for when something  doesn't move, and should, and Duct Tape, for when something is moving  and it shouldn't.So does the universe explode if you spray duct tape with WD-40?