Re: proposal for section reordering

Hi,

On Sat, 2007-02-17 at 22:12 +0100, Axel Wernicke wrote:

> [1]
> A dialog in GIMP is defined roughly as anything that is dockable. So,
> the dialog windows that pop up when you're saving a file or applying
> a filter are not dialogs for that definition.

Actually, pretty much every window in GIMP is called a dialog. It would
probably be nice to come up with a better name for the dockable dialogs.

Usually a dialog is something modal. It pops up to allow the user to
complete a certain task and closes again. Windows that stay around like
the dockable dialogs in GIMP are often called palettes. For some reason
though they are called dialogs in GIMP. Perhaps we should consider to
change that at some point.

Sven