Re: Patch problem

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 21:08 +0100, julien wrote:
> I have a problem with xml files written under Windows I received from
> Pierre and Kolbjoern: some of them are correctly patched, others are not.
> I got error messages like "Hunk #2 FAILED at 11".
> For example with docks.xml in this diff when I tried to patch it:

> I verified that files are in the UNIX UTF-8 format.
> What does this "Hunk #2 FAILED at 11" mean?

It means that there's a problem to apply the second hunk of the patch in
line 11. In your case that's the part where the Revision keyword is
patched. This shouldn't happen. A diff created using 'svn diff'
shouldn't contain differences to the $Revision keyword (see "Keywords
and Spurious Differences" at
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch07s02.html

In this particular case you can safely ignore the problem. But you
should find out how Pierre and Kolbjoern create Pierre and Kolbjoern
their diff files.

Sven