RE: [Gimp-docs] editors

Hello Dust and All -

Unfortunately, I'm probably not going to change my OS anytime soon. :-(

>BTW, I used Ultraedit for about 10 years in Windows 98 and XP. but now
>I use PSPad. 'cause it's free software and has powerful functions. but
>I can't be sure PSPad can support Windows ME.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll keep it in mind.

>and I don't suggest you to try learn other editor on Linux, if you
>don't know linux well.
>I don't know about Linux, but I want to work on Linux, so I installed
>VMware and Ubuntu in it.
>and I tried to learn vi, vim, emacs, gedit, etc.. But those are too
>difficult. Is it worth that spending time to learn editor's using? I
>don't think so.

 :-)  I first started using computers when punched cards were
high tech.  I had a unix machine on my desk for a number of years
and I do know how to use vi already, though I don't feel like taking
the time to learn emacs.  vi is a bit weird, but not too bad, once
you get used to it, like anything else.

>anyway good luck ^^

Thanks!

Sally