Re: [Gimp-docs] Preface missing in PDF

Hi list, Hi Roman,

Am 12.12.2005 um 15:40 schrieb Roman Joost:

I had a minute ago a look into http://docs.gimp.org/en.pdf and couldn't find
the GIMP history section neither the preface at all ...
Odd. Very odd... Page 27 shows me a Preface with two sections: GIMP User
Manual Authors and Contributors and the GIMP History.
Ups, my fault - the TOC tricked me, there is the preface missing :(
It seems we still have some problems with the pdf conversion. Right now I'm hunting for some images that are shown in the html, but missing in the pdf ...

... I agree with you, to separate the GIMP history from the introduction might be a good thing to do, but if we put them on the first pages of the
manual makes it very visible ...
... how about putting the history - which might grow in time - in the
appendix section? The authors on the other hand might be well placed at te
very beginning of the book :)
Appendix could also be a good place. It won't hurt moving it to the
appendix chapter, while we're adding more 'manual related information'
to the preface ...
did that, moved the files (bugs.xml also) to an appropriate directory.

Greetings, lexa

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de

---
Live is like a chocolate box, you never know what you wanna get...
GPG Signatur auf http://wernicke-online.net/Impressum/ prüfen