Re: [Gimp-docs] Preface missing in PDF

Hi Axel,

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 08:57:00PM +0100, Axel Wernicke wrote:
> I just found out, that the whole preface section of the manual is missing in the PDF version.
> Does anybody have an idea what's going on here?
I'm not sure... maybe a missing language attribute? Actually, if I look
at the german an english PDF, I see a Preface ... (page 27. in en.pdf).

> Why did we introduce the preface anyway? It seems to be created pretty recently - may be in
> conjunction with the splitting into the base, wizard, reference chapters? I personally would
> prefer to move the content of the preface ( GIMP introduction and GIMP history) to the
> Introduction section.
I added the preface, because I thought, that we would add more content
which is not relevant to learn GIMP. The authors of the book, the
authors of GIMP or the history of GIMP is in my opinion nice to know.
But it is nothing you want to read in the introduction ... Though, the
preface has an introductionary background.

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de