Re: [Gimp-docs] Preface missing in PDF

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 02:53:55PM +0100, Axel Wernicke wrote:
> > I added the preface, because I thought, that we would add more content
> > which is not relevant to learn GIMP. The authors of the book, the
> > authors of GIMP or the history of GIMP is in my opinion nice to know.
> > But it is nothing you want to read in the introduction ... Though, the
> > preface has an introductionary background.
>
> I had a minute ago a look into http://docs.gimp.org/en.pdf and couldn't find
> the GIMP history section neither the preface at all ...
Odd. Very odd... Page 27 shows me a Preface with two sections: GIMP User
Manual Authors and Contributors and the GIMP History.

> ... I agree with you, to separate the GIMP history from the introduction
> might be a good thing to do, but if we put them on the first pages of the
> manual makes it very visible ...
> ... how about putting the history - which might grow in time - in the
> appendix section? The authors on the other hand might be well placed at te
> very beginning of the book :)
Appendix could also be a good place. It won't hurt moving it to the
appendix chapter, while we're adding more 'manual related information'
to the preface ...

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost