Re: VIPS and GEGL performance and memory usage comparison

On 29.01.16 at 01:06 AM Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> Which, of course, might remind you https://github.com/jcupitt/gegl-vips :)

Thanks, Alex, for your reminder! I remembered that project and it was
discussed sometimes in the years before. The last status (2013) was that
libvips could basically be used as GEGL back-end, but still needed
area invalidation (see John's post from 10.11.13 on this list). At this
time John said it could be in one or two years to be implemented if
nobody volunteered for this job.
Looking at the tremendously higher (batch processing) performance of
VIPS compared to GEGL (with tile back-end I assume) I personally would
appreciate a VIPS back-end very much.

Greetings

Sven