Re: bump-map operation

The filter certainly is local as it is only using a 3×3 neighborhood.
What example op can I look at in order to see exactly what
requirements I need to fulfill to make the op into an "area filter"
and make it work with Gimp's GEGL tool? Is this documented anywhere?

I thought about looking at the NewsPrint plugin next. Or is there some
other plugin that is more urgent?

Regards,
Dov