Re: bump-map operation

On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 23:05 +0300, Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> I just added a bump-map operation. It is heavily based on the
> corresponding gimp code, but modified according to my understanding of
> gegl. The fact that the bumpmap is in floating point makes the
> resulting "surface" much smoother than the original gimp operation, as
> 8-bit is too little to get accurate surface normals.
>
> Please let me know your comments about the code and update wiki
> "Hacking:Porting filters to GEGL" page. (I would have done it myself
> if the maintainer of the wiki would have answered my email requesting
> write access.)

Thanks Dov, that's cool :)

I pushed a small whitespace cleanup to bump-map.c, and the last
parameter of the chanted properties is supposed to be a human readable
blurb that appears as tooltip in GIMP, so should be human readable :)

Also, does the op really need the entire input? Can't it be done
like an area filter? Requiring the entire input makes it impossible to
adjust parameters interactively in GIMP's GEGL tool.

Regards,
--Mitch