Re: GEGL + QT, another proposal

On 21 July 2011 20:05, Øyvind Kolås <pippin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Jon Nordby <jononor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> After some hacking this weekend, we now have a minimally useful
>> gegl-qt library: https://github.com/jonnor/gegl-qt
>> Currently it a set of a basic view widgets* showing the output of a
>> GeglNode. A bit more info can be found in the README.txt file, and
>> examples showing the usage can be found in the examples/ directory.
>> Testing, usage and contributions welcomed!
>>
>> Unless there are any objections I propose to do the same as with
>> gegl-gtk: Put on git.gnome.org, create a gegl-qt component in bugzilla
>> and add to Jenkins.
>
> Even though it uses Qt.. I think the gnome git repository is the most
> natural place to stick this convenience library since it is based on
> GEGL and all the other GEGL pieces, including a gegl-clutter library
> which I added there today are hosted. So unless there are any other
> objections I do not see why not.

The purpose of the library is to facilitate the use of GNOME
technology (GEGL), so I personally do not see why it should be a
problem.
The relevant stated pre-requisite for things hosted on git.gnome.org
is "It must use GTK+/GNOME technologies."[1], which it definitely
fulfills.

1. https://live.gnome.org/ProjectPrerequisites
--
Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com