Re: [Gimp-developer] Where can I help?

On 02/07/2011 09:03 AM, Martin Nordholts wrote:
> On 02/07/2011 01:33 PM, Patrick Horgan wrote:
>>> One thing you can do is to run with the env var GEGL_DEBUG set to
>>> "process". That will give some output on how things are processed in the
>>> graph. Does the output for the text node look weird?
>>>
>>>      / Martin
>>>

>> btw, forgot to say this is on Ubuntu using gegl and babl from git trunk
>> and gcc 4.6
>> Could it be where it says:
>> Using cache for pad 'output' on "gegl:text 0x9017e90"
> Yes maybe, caches don't always work like they should. If you disable
> that code, does it become better? You can also set a breakpoint in
> process() for text and see that the thread of execution looks reasonable
> when you single-step through the code.
I haven't figured it out, but have found that if I switch this:

     gegl_node_link_many (mandelbrot, layer, display, NULL);
     gegl_node_connect_to (text, "output",  layer, "aux");

     gegl_node_link_many (text, layer, display, NULL);
     gegl_node_connect_to (mandelbrot, "output",  layer, "aux");
     g_printf("layer has aux pad: %d\n", gegl_node_has_pad(layer,"aux"));

I get the text, but not the mandelbrot, and the g_printf reports that
layer does have the aux pad (of course it would have printed something
on its own to tell me if the pad wasn't there).

Patrick