Re: various blurs

On 01/18/2011 11:43 PM, andy gill wrote:
> I've attached 3 more patches, they are:
>
> box-blur. it's now a good deal faster, and also properly supports
> fractional blur widths.
>
> fast gaussian blur. this is implemented as 3 box filters in series. it
> approximates a gaussian fairly closely, visually I can't tell the
> difference between this and the current gaussian blur, although the
> units don't match exactly. I've put it in a separate file to allow easy
> comparisons while we decide whether it's worth keeping.
>
> pixelise. a simple pixelise filter like the one in gimp currently.

Thanks!

You should add regression tests though. In GEGL it's very simple, see
tests/compositions. We have a BuildBot that runs all tests every night.

And IMO, we should not have two gaussian blur implementations, we should
only have a single high-quality one, so I suggest you try to merge the two.

Best regards,
Martin

--

My GIMP Blog: