Passing parameter to sampler from XML file

Adam Turcotte and Eric Daoust are implementing samplers (alternatives
to nearest neighbour, bilinear, bicubic, lanczos... interpolation),
names snohalo1 (tuned for upsampling) and nohalobox (tuned for
downsampling), which both have a natural parameter.  This parameter is
basically the amount of extra antialiasing which is applied. The way
the extra antialiasing is done is with a customized blurring operator
in the case of snohalo1, and by enlarging the integration box (like
for exact area box filtering) for nohalobox.

Adam is nearly done (fingers crossed) implementing the paramter so
that it is settable through xml commands.

My question:

We've settled on the name "blur" for this paramter, because for most
people this is the visible effect, and I think most people understand
that blurring can be useful to smooth out "jaggies."

Would you guys prefer another name for this visible parameter?
"Antialiasing," for example, seems like a good candidate, although it
sounds a little too technical to my taste.

Nicolas Robidoux
Laurentian University