GEGL Perf tools - plan

Hi,

Sorry for my silence! Normally if I don't have anything to say, I
don't say it ;-)

I'm currently doing a survey of the existing tools and their
capabilities. You can follow this on my site:
http://sites.google.com/site/computerresearcher/profiling-tools

It's a bit patchy, but I expect to improve it as I go along.

PLAN

1. Do survey of current data collection tools (oprofile, valgrind etc
etc) and select which ones to use
2. Put the data from these tools into a database
3. Creating a set of typical perf analysis scenarios (i.e.
integration/regression tests)
4. Use the data to create reports and/or gui for elaborating reports.
(web and/or fat-client)

I will come back to you when the survey is ready in order to get
feedback on the choice of tools.

This is the moment to let me know for anyone who wants me to include a
certain tool in the survey.

I'm currently at:

- gprof, sprof
- valgrind (cachegrind, callgrind)