Re: GEGL Perf tools - plan

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 3:33 PM, Henrik Akesson <h.m.akesson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is the moment to let me know for anyone who wants me to include a
> certain tool in the survey.
>
> I'm currently at:
>
> - gprof, sprof
> - valgrind (cachegrind, callgrind)
> - ltrace, ptrace
> - oprofile

GEGL itself contains built in instrumentation that allows breaking
down the time spent in pixel format conversions (babl) as well as the
different nodes of a composition. The small sample gallery at the
website used to be part of an automatic regression testing facility
operated by OSDL called crucible which did nightly builds and
performance/rendering regressions. See
http://www.gegl.org/gallery/clones.txt for examples of how this
infrastructure breaks down processing time.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/