Re: GPU support

Sorry from my side if you felt something. I did not mean to hurt you. Obviously you must be better than me.
Well by the minimap I mean you create a mapping of what part of buffer data is where, wether it is processed in CPU or in GPU or over the  network. By this way You reduce the tranfer of data. Basically in GPU the costliest thing is the Data transfer than the processing.
I dont feel such thing is used frequently but if you want to make a unified memory architechture then it would be much better. This thing will easily fit into the GEGL api.
I dint said OpenCL can not be used I just said OpenGl can do all the things needed and OpenCL or CUDA although can do this but they would be extra burden. OpenCl and CUDA use the Unified Compute architechture but I feel Gimp has much more worries of Data Transfer than the computation.
CUDA or OpenCL is used best in places where large computation and less transfer is needed. I hope you understand. By this way of mapping you not only save the Data Tranfer but the architechture is much more usable even of you try Cloud Computing.