Re: Operations that I require

On 5/9/07, Øyvind Kolås <pippin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is no real equivalent to a Channel Mixer operation at the moment.

Does GEGL support single-channel (plus maybe alpha) output/processing?

> When it comes to how an array of values are best expressed, there
> probably are some examples in GIMP plug-ins.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I want to do this with an array of
values, for the simple reason that if you're using floats for image
processing, your array either has to be pretty big or you're losing
precision.

I'd prefer either for GEGL to have some curve data structure that can
do linear and spline interpolation, or for the operation to just take
a user-implemented function which can compute any curve value.  The
two approaches can be combined, too - allow the user to pass an
arbitrary function, but provide a default one with a curve data
structure for people who don't need the flexibility.

Another thing that I'll need sooner or later is brush painting (for
dodge/burn functionality).  I saw in your FOSDEM talk that that's
planned, or at least considered, for the future.  Could you give an
outline on how that would or could be implemented?

Mark

--
Mark Probst
  http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/schani/