Re: (no subject)

On 2/8/07, cazaciuc gabriel <gcazaciuc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I want to give a little help to the development of gegl. Which is
> the recommended method to get started?

You've already started that by attempting to build it locally from source ;)

>  What are the operations that are considered usefull to be
> implemented?

At the moment I would not encourage people to write tons of new
operations. Documenting and re factoring the internal architecture
should happen before the amount of operations using internal API's
explode. This is also the reason GEGL is not currently installing the
headers needed for plug-in/operation development that API is not
stable yet.

Another thing that would be useful is using the GEGL API from C, ruby
or python (a new incarnation of the python bindings will be announced
soon). To test the API and give feedback on
the current shortcomings.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/