Re: Public GEGL API Reference

On 1/25/07, Øyvind Kolås <pippin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please also look through this API with a critical eye and report thoughts
> on the API back to the mailing list.

I have now changed the arguments (added some, and reordered them into
an order I think makes most sense for gegl_node_blit).
A rough outline for the documentation of the arguments has also
been added.

void          gegl_node_blit             (GeglNode      *node,
                                          GeglRectangle *roi,
                                          gdouble        scale,
                                          void          *format,
                                          gint           rowstride,
                                          gpointer      *destination_buf,
                                          GeglBlitFlags  flags);

See <http://gegl.org/api.html#gegl_node_blit> for further
documentation of the new arguments.

The change came about due to integration of the projection cache
into the node. Having caches integrated with nodes will be needed for
internal cache handling anyways, and the API's for requesting data
from the cache/vs the node might not be the best approach.

The argument list might be considered to be a bit long, but I think we
can live with it.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/