RE: Managed bindings

Hello,

I too am interested in a gegl-sharp library in particular for F-Spot.

I've used GAPI to create a set of managed bindings for GEGL.  I've run
into a few problems trying to convert GEGL's hello-world.c into my own
gegl-sharp hello-world.cs.

1.  gegl_graph_new returns a GeglNode.  While this is plausible in C
through the magic of casting, it creates a circular dependency in C#.
The metaphor GAPI creates for us is: "A Node is a Graph.  While a Graph
is a Node."

2.  There are lots of instances of va_list usage in the API.  Examples
are the gegl_node_set/get functions.

I'm not very familiar with the GEGL source so I was wondering if there
are any suggestions on how we could get the ball rolling to make GEGL
binding friendly?

However the good news is that the bindings compile and I'm able to get
the unmanaged code to execute within Mono and instantiate various
objects.

george