Re: Managed bindings

On 10/6/06, Gabriel Burt <gabriel.burt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I searched around trying to find what work if any has been done on
making managed (Mono) bindings for GEGL, but didn't find anything,

I am not aware of any other efforts to make GEGL work through a mono
binding. The host API is not settled yet, and any efforts to clean
up/clarify the current C api is welcome.

My main interest in doing this is to use GEGL for F-Spot's editing,
allowing for easily applying a transformation to many images,
'editing' the parameters of a transformation at a later time, etc.

There is one test application[1] that isn't yet fully public, but
might be of some interest. It is a proof of concept/feature testing
playground/GIMP layers dialog on steroids/resurrection of bauxite[2]
like UI directly on top of GEGL, that eventually might evolve into a
separate tool. I think this test code will land in CVS sometime next
week.

/Øyvind K.

1: http://pippin.gimp.org/tmp/gegl-babl.png
2: http://pippin.gimp.org/bauxite/