Re: gegl ops CVS

On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 12:33 +0200, Florent Monnier wrote:
> > I was talking to pipping tonight because I made a gegl op for outputting
> > into a GdkPixbuf and wanted to import it into cvs.
>
> Hi,
> will it be possible to compile gegl in an independent way from any graphic
> lib?
>
> ./configure --without-gtk

gegl itself doesn't depend on GTK or anything else right now.  pippin
wants to put the ops into a separate cvs module, gegl-operations.  I
volunteered to make the autoconf-fu to get it setup and the way I'm
making it is to detect your system's features and build the ops that are
relevant (e.g., if it detects gdk-pixbuf-2.0 then it will build the
pixbuf output op, otherwise it just won't build it and will maybe warn
you that it's not being built).  I can add --disable-foo options as well
though.

There was also a short discussion on the future of gegl, the program.  I
was of the opinion that it should remain a command-line only utility and
we should make a separate gegl-gtk GUI program.  As opposed to making
gegl (the program here, not the library) use GTK.

/ Cody