RE: gegl's make doesn't find babl

Hi,
I'm following the steps described in the shell script:
http://pippin.gimp.org/gegl/index.html#bootstrapping

everythings work just fine until the make for gegl,
it ends with:
checking for BABL... configure: error: Package requirements (babl >= 0.0) were
not met.

Alternatively you may set the BABL_CFLAGS and BABL_LIBS environment variables
to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page for
more details.

Configure failed or did not finish!

I don't know what I should set in PKG_CONFIG_PATH ?

thanks

I got that too, and got rid of it by checking out babl from CVS and doing the usual ./autogen.sh + make + sudo make install