Re: would like to help

Salut Florian, Pippin,

> > Do you think I might be of some help around here? I will certainly
> > require a bit of hand-holding in the begining, but I believe I am a
> > reasonably fast learner, so hopefully I won't be a burden for too
> > long ;)
>
> The first question would be whether you've succesfully checked
> babl/gegl/gegl-demo out of CVS, and built them.
>
> There are some tasks that needs to be done in the TODO file in gegl CVS,
> this list is not complete in any way, but it lists some of the major things
> still missing. The website and documentation needs to be cleaned up and
> brought in sync with the state that gegl CVS currently is in.

IMHO the documentation is indeed an important part, since there are often
people coming here willing to help, but which get lost, or don't understand
what's involved. It seems there are even gimp developers arround too who
don't understand the "thing" ;-) so all this maybe explains why gegl
germinates for so long. This said is not to bother the active gegl developers
(I am really gratfull to them for their work), but maybe the current design is
not the best? What I mean is, as it is said in the GNU recommendations :
the source of a free software have to be simple, this way the more people will
be able to understand it, and contribute to it.
I am not a experienced programmer at all, so maybe what I'm saying is stupid I
don't know... I would be intersted though to know what all the people on this
list think about this.

--
Best Regards
The Prawn putting rockets under Goats :-)