Re: [Gegl-developer] a hard decsion

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 07:12:35PM -0800, Daniel Rogers wrote:

> I do think that file io and tiling should be made a priority, as those
> things turn gegl from a concept to a tool.

Yes. The file io would be good to have as it would help us
understand some of the ImageSink and ImageSource type ops, and
tiling of course is a huge issue.

> Also, it would be good for me to write up some specifics of the design
> we are working on for the webpage.  Mostly just collecting the stuff on
> this list, and describing what things need to be explored.  I think it
> will help to encourage hacking gegl.

Yes. That would be good.  I sometimes use Dia
to write up UML type diagrams. If you look in the doc/dia
you can see some of the ones Ive checked in. Feel free to
work on things like that we can put there or on the
website as we propose things and try to figure out
how things work.

> I hope you don't mind that I haven't done a lot of coding.  I am still
> in "getting my bearings" mode, so ideas are flying around my head that I
> want to get out before I lose them.

Of course not.  Its good to make all kinds of suggestions while that is
happening as well. More ideas is good...

Calvin