Re: Build gcc from source

On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 00:51, Ailomanga sakamoto <kixort@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes,I really mean multi-arch.

OK.

> I use ubuntu 18.04 LTS, follow this page,the package "gcc-multilib, libc-dev:i386" must be installed.But I need arm-cross-toolchains,

You said you want 32, 64 and x32 ... that means Intel, not ARM.

Please clarify what you're trying to do, so we can help you.

What kind of machine do you want to install GCC on? What kind of
machine do you want to compile code for?

>the package can't be installed so that building gcc was failed.it said that not find stubs-32.h.

That means you didn't install the libc-dev package for the necessary
architecture.

> Cloud you tell me how to build glibc to slove this problem? Thanks.

You should not need to build glibc, Ubuntu already provides ARM cross-compilers.