Re: When did -Wmaybe-unitialized make its appearance?

On 31/07/15 11:10, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
How does one get a wiki account. I visited https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki
but it doe snot appear to be discussed.

Please create an account, tell me your username, and I will add you to the Editors group.

Do you have a particular format in mind?

I think it would be more useful to add this info to each https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-X/changes.html page. There is no rule against completing the info given there even after release, but if you prefer the wiki route, you can also create one section for each GCC version and add the new options that appeared in each version.

Moving forward, would it be too much to ask that the documentation we
are creating is updated around the time the feature is checked in?

That depends on patch authors providing this info and reviewers asking for it. One issue that makes this process not as smooth as it should be is that our webpages are still maintained in CVS, when they should be moved to the main SVN repository such that one can update the webpages in the same path/commit that adds the new option:

https://gcc.gnu.org/about.html#cvs

I believe that removing the CVS step would make maintaining the web-pages up-to-date much easier. As many things in GCC, this needs a volunteer willing to spend some time to make the move. The contact person to volunteer to do this work is Gerald Pfeifer:

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2008-02/msg00064.html

Note that if the webpages are moved to the svn repository, then they will also become available via git: https://gcc.gnu.org/git/?p=gcc.git;a=summary

Cheers,

Manuel.