Re: Error Building GCC as PIE

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 5:36 AM, Cyd Haselton <chaselton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At this point...after researching/working on this for most of the weekend i'm not sure if I should be cross-compiling or not.

My question would be, why do you want to do this?

The NDK provides the tools to perform the cross-compile on a host. So
you don't really need it (or I don't think you need it).

If you want to compile a program on a tablet or phone, then you would
need the compiler that runs on the device. But that seems awful
painful to me because desktops are so much faster with much more
memory. Just compile on the host and use adb to push it to the
device...

Sorry about the bike shedding (http://bikeshed.com/). I'm not trying
to tell you what to do. I'm just wondering why you want to do it since
its non-trivial.