Re: GCC 4.9.2 Build Fails at cc1

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 3:34 AM, Andrew Haley <aph@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 05/12/14 00:08, Cyd Haselton wrote:
>>>
>>> The names are being munged, like this:
>>>
>>> #ifndef __MPN
>>> #if __GMP_HAVE_TOKEN_PASTE
>>> #define __MPN(x) __gmpn_##x
>>> #else
>>> #define __MPN(x) __gmpn_/**/x
>>> #endif
>>> #endif
>>>
>>> #define mpn_tdiv_qr __MPN(tdiv_qr)
>>>
>>> I have no idea why.  But it might have some relevance for your problem.
>>
>> Any chance this started in GCC 4.9.x?  If not, it's back to the code-parsing...
>
> I don't know.  Hint: compile with -save-temps.  Look at the preprocessed
> source.
>
> Andrew.

I'm still trying to find which Makefile to add -save-temps to in order
to output the intermediate files (gmp/Makefile, mpfr/Makefile and
gcc/Makefile yield nothing).
However, while waiting for another run of make to fail, I did an ls
-alt in the build directory and, according to the timestamps, it
appears as though mpfr is being configured and built before gmp.
Shouldn't this be the other way around, and could this possibly cause
the errors I'm seeing?