Re: extended asm docs - re-written

From my point of view, the layout of the content is much improved.
Thank you.

I think after some formal review
I'm not sure what constitutes a "formal review" for gcc. Is this something driven by the doc maintainers? Actually, I'm kinda surprised not to have heard from them.

Speaking for myself, I find it hard to review my own writing. I can critique or I can write. I can't seem to do both at the same time. That's why I appreciate Andrew's contributions here. Hopefully he will continue.

I know that when I've used inline assembly in the past, I've had to work from existing examples, and modify.
Apparently that's how we all learn it.

It would be nice to have the rules all laid out with examples as they are in this attempt at a replacement.
Exactly my intent.  Lay it out piece by piece, then describe each in detail.

dw