Re: extended asm docs - re-written

I have generated a patch file for extend.texi (http://www.LimeGreenSocks.com/gcc/extend.texi.patch), or you can (temporarily) view the html at http://www.limegreensocks.com/gcc/Extended-Asm.html.

So, it's been over a day and zero critiques. I know people have looked at this from the web server log, but no comments?

I wonder if people just read the new intro section (6.41), and missed the fact that there are *7* new subsections underneath it (6.41.1 - 6.41.7). While the original text was recycled, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that there are 13 pages of new docs here describing how gcc's inline assembler feature works.

I understand this is an area where not a lot of people count themselves as experts. Still, with that much new content, it seemed like somebody would find *something* to kibitz. Besides, the text isn't intended for experts (they already know all this). If there are points these docs have left unclear, this is probably the best time to point them out.

The files are still there. If you had trouble reading them, make sure you don't include the trailing punctuation (commas, periods, etc) when copying the url.

dw