Re: What's the purpose of the `--enable-ld` option of `configure`?

> The top-level configure script is shared between GCC and the GNU
> binutils and gdb.  The --enable-ld option is relevant for the
> binutils, not for GCC.
>
> As far as I know it is not documented other than the --help output.
> It is paired with --enable-gold.
>
> Ian

So that may mean options not documented in the reference documentation, may
as much be specific to common things of GCC and BinUtils. That will help to
know.

Talking about options documentations, here are two worth to be posted, to
complete the first:

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/configure.html
Some of the options more documented here, are parts of the options available
with configure.

sourceware.org/autobook/autobook/autobook_14.html
A page about autotools, which documents some of the options commons to
typical configurations.