Re: gcc 4.7.2 guality faults in slackware14 but not 13 AMD64

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 6:10 AM, B.S.J.W. Stephenson
<es018r6256@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>     I have just rebuilt the glibc2.15 on slackware13 ; on an apparently
> clean gcc4.7.2 and moved them to a fresh (ish) slackware 14 on the same
> machine .
>      Doing a quick double check , by rebuilding the gcc to check build
> quality , I am again beset by guality vla-1 and 2 faults in the compiler .
> These were solved by a maths  upgrade on the 13 , and moved with binutils to
> 14 from 13  .
>     These faults do not appear to be kernel , glibc ,binutils or maths
> library dependent .
>
> Could you tell me the name of a 'friends and family ' file generator that
> will run on slackware , to give me some more leads as to where this compile
> time fault is coming from ? ( I was chucked one in 2007 but can't remember
> what its name was even !!!!!!!!!!!!)
>
> Do you just know what the fault is ?

I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you mean.  Are you saying
that you see testsuite failures in the guality tests?  This is fairly
common as the guality tests depend on the version of gdb on the
system.  You can safely ignore failures in this area.

If that is not the issue, then please tell us precisely what you did,
precisely what happened, and what you expected to happen instead.

Ian