Re: C++ SEGMENT fault and vtable issu

> I thought I'd respond to your comment about overriding 'new' and 'delete' and that its dangerous and should not be used.

I didn't say it's dangerous and I didn't say "do not use", I said it's
often a bad idea, because in my experience too many people try to do
it without knowing how to do it right, and get it *very* wrong. The
fact your code crashes hasn't provided any evidence to the contrary.

I said don't write operators with undefined behaviour.  I stand by
that statement. I'll strengthen it: don't write any code with
undefined behaviour! ;-)

> As to the case in point, I would rather have comments concerning how to correctly override 'new' and 'delete', or references which increase my understanding, than admonitions saying "do not use".

Then maybe you should find a different forum. This list is for help
using GCC, not help learning how to use advanced C++ features.

> I would be absolutely delighted to have someone provide support in this effort and openly solicit anyone for any help.

Wrong place.

> I do thank you and actively solicit your knowledgeable support on this project.

Wrong place.

I (and others) try to offer general C++ support in more appropriate
places, e.g. stackoverflow.com, if you ask there I (and others) might
be able to help. Though you should probably try to show code that
reproduces the problem, instead of asking people to guess what you've
done wrong without showing any code.

In short, your problem seems to be due to writing invalid C++, so is
not specific to GCC.