Re: Trouble with gcc -B option

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 7:12 AM, Feuerbacher, Alan
<AFeuerbacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>
> There is no ld in PREFIX/TARGET/bin. In fact, there is no PREFIX/TARGET/bin -- only PREFIX/bin. There is PREFIX/lib/gcc/TARGET/4.7.1 which contains cc1, crtbegin.o, libgcc.a and a bunch of other necessary files.
>
> I'm now wondering if I missed something during the compilation of all the programs necessary for gcc, including binutils and glibc. Any suggestions?

It should be installed by "make install" in the binutils.  In
particular the "ld" program should be installed by "make install" in
the ld subdirectory of the build directory.  It is installed in the
directory ${exec_prefix}/${target_alias}/bin, where ${exec_prefix}
comes from the --exec-prefix configure option, defaulting to --prefix,
and ${target_alias} is the --target option, defaulting to the host
option, defaulting to the system configuration name.

Ian