Bare metal ARM Cross compiler for arm-none-eabi target without libunwind?

Hi

We've been using a bare-metal 'arm-elf' cross-compiler toolchain over the years since GCC 2.95.x/GCC3/GCC4, and it has worked fine.
Now it seems though like the 'arm-elf' target seems obsolete, and we are trying to switch to 'arm-none-eabi'.

We use no standard-libs at all, we are really hard bare-metal with our own memcpy() etc.

Now when we try to build GCC 4.7.0 we get errors that LibGCC has dependencies on UnWind stuff we cannot get rid of.
We want to skip unwind support.

We try building toolchain with

--disable-shared --disable-libunwind-exceptions --with-newlib

(--disable-libunwind-exceptions seems obsoleted though)
(We only use newlib for headers only though, we dont use any code from it.)

We compile with flags on all files:

-fno-unwind-tables -fno-excpetions

Still we are getting link errors that LibGCC want to link with unwind-libs, and they are not present in libgcc libfile.

We also tried --with-system-libunwind, but same thing.

So, how can we get rid of all unwind-stuff for a real bare-metal arm-none-eabi cross compiler?
Someone suggested to put

char __aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr0[0];

in a C-file, but then it seems like division-stuff still thinks unwinding is supported and may fail?

(Similar thread at, but does not work for us.
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2009-10/msg00302.html)

Thanks and Best Regards,
Fredrik Hederstierna