Re: a question about one part of gcc manual

3.14 Options for Directory Search
-Idir
This is to ensure that GCC’s procedure to fix buggy system
headers and the ordering for the include next directive are not
inadvertently hanged.
Sorry I do not have the answer yet!! I understood "include_next"
directive but what is the procedure of GCC to fix the system headers?
When we specify a path with -I and it is ignored because there is the
same name in the system directories, how it can fix the system headers
then?