Re: Help with gcc partial link (option -ar)

Ian, if that option did not exist I would have recevied an error message on
the command I issued, wouldn't I?
It does for my 3.4.6 version:

# ./gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.4.6

# ./gcc -ar test.c -c
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-ar"

And I can't find it in the official GCC documentation for 3.4.6, though maybe Ian is right that vanilla GCC doesn't know about an -ar option.

Maybe, your version is somehow "patched"?

Andi