Doubt about -fprofile-generate

Good night everyone,

Im in doubt about the use o fprofile-generate. When I run my program to generate

.gcda files. Later I will compile my code with the flag of -march optimization.
I will need to generate diferent gcda files to every compilation? Like I would
need to run it in the march targets to generate the right gcda for each one or
running it in one pc would generate a profile that is indenpendent? (All marchs
will be x86)

thanks

Rafael Louback Ferraz
Computer Science Student